Notes from GeNienne
When it is audition time, most teams require that you fill out an application and attach a picture along with your application. In most cases this is your first opportunity to make a great or “not-so-great” impression on the coaches and directors. So you obviously want your picture to represent your best you and have them “drooling” to get you on their team. Wouldn’t that be great!!
But here are few quick answers to the “Q”… but be sure to watch the video for the longer response…
1. Follow instructions given by the cheer / dance team that you are auditioning for
2. Swimsuit… If there are not any instructions provided, then show off your great body by wearing a swimsuit. Most cheer/dance teams need to envision what you will look in their uniform and/or at the calendar shoot.
3. Audition Attire… You can also wear an audition outfit, the same one you plan to wear to auditions… so they can recognize you easily
4. Professional Attire for a headshot (Blazer, suit, blouse)
5. Cocktail Dress – something fun, sexy, formfitting, and flattering
6. Consider submitting a collage of all of your great looks!!
Tip: Remember that you MUST take this process seriously. The picture that you submit with your application could be the first impression that you set with the coaches and judges. Also, keep in mind that during the audition process, the judges are constantly going back to and referring to the picture you submitted during deliberations!!
Check out this video for more in depth answers:
Also… here are a few examples of collages that you can submit with your application:
I attached these files for you….
If you have a question that you want answered as part of our Q&A Hump Day! ASK!!
That’s what we are here for! Email us at email@example.com.
NOTE: All advice, suggestions, and thoughts during Q&A Hump Day are based on our Coaches’ personal experiences in the professional and semi professional cheer and dance industry. It does not represent the views from or for all dance or cheer teams